But, then we thought about it -- and we changed our tune. Attend we did (8 of us at the company for virtually the entire event). And, I am glad we did.
I will try to write more later -- but, in a few words, CES 2011 was the single most productive conference I have ever attended in my career (and that's a lot of conferences). Most in our group felt the same way.
Why was it so productive? Because -- this time -- virtually "everyone" seemed to be there. For that reason, we engaged in a non-stop string of business meetings with some of the biggest and best names in technology and the overall video eco-system. Literally it was a non-stop. I barely had a chance to walk the floor (in fact, I essentially didn't).
I expect real tangible and meaningful business resulting from this event -- announcements that will flow later this year.
I am bullish -- very bullish.
CES 2011 -- glad to have met you.