Rabu, 28 Desember 2011

My Top 5 Music Picks Right Now

Anyone who regularly reads my blog knows that I am a huge music fan -- I listen to music all day -- at work, at home. I like mostly indie, but have eclectic tastes. I attend festivals (Coachella, Outside Lands) and I like to discover new music. New artists. Most of my discovery comes via "SiriusXM U".

Here is what I am listening to right now -- band is named first, favorite song second:

(1) Caveman -- "Old Friend"
(2) Wye Oak -- "Civilian"
(3) Widowspeak -- "Nightcrawlers"
(4) Youth Lagoon -- "Afternoon"
(5) Sharon Van Etten -- "Serpent"

Bonus band/song -- Fleet Foxes -- "The Shrine/An Argument" (although the track devolves near the end).

And, THE single most overhyped indie artist right now? Lana Del Rey. She tries -- and sometimes succeeds -- in being the new Kate Bush. But a pale imitation she is ...

She will be the featured performer on Saturday Night Live in January, however (again, overhyped) -- let's she how she does ....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...