Rabu, 07 September 2011

Online TV/Movie Distribution -- Current State of Affairs

Industry guru Ryan Lawler of Gigaom just posted a great "must read" analysis of the current state of affairs in online TV and movie distribution. Rather than pull out a few sound-bites, here is the link to the full post itself. Ryan -- I hope that you don't mind that I have officially christened you a guest blogger today.

A few of us here at Sorenson Media affectionately call Lawler the Woodward & Bernstein in our online/mobile video market. I read his posts regularly (and sometimes comment on his Twitter-sent musical tastes); and he frequently unearths relevant industry-related nuggets that others do not. I agree with this specific web TV analysis for the most part -- it is very insightful. My only point of slight disagreement is that I believe that the era of experimentation for online video business models is still early, early, early. I recently wrote about such experimentation myself -- click here to read that earlier post.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...