Senin, 26 September 2011

Facebook Aims to Acquire Spotify? Vice Versa?

Earlier today, a very intriguing online music announcement broke -- i.e., that every pundit's darling online music service, Spotify, now requires new users to either already have a Facebook account or register on-the-spot and verify (spot-ify) to become Facebook users. No Facebook account? No Spotify for you!

First, everyone knows that Spotify is Mark Zuckerberg's favorite online music service. Then, remember last week? Spotify was the only online music service front and center and on the stage at the big Facebook music launch event. And, now this! Hmmm .... One may be an accident, two may be a coincidence, but three??

If I didn't know better (which I admit I don't), I would speculate that someone is setting itself up to be swallowed whole by a big fish. Acquisition anyone?

Am just sayin' ....
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...